Here we summarize the consequences of ontic openness that will have a deep impact on ecology:
(1) Immense numbers are easily reached.
(2) Possible development and uncertainty.
(3) Uniqueness of the ecosystem.
(4) Agency—how is this uniqueness chosen.
(5) Emergent properties are common.
In the following section we will attempt to address the above points in context of the applying a systems perspective to ecology and ecological theory.
Was this article helpful?
Do we really want the one thing that gives us its resources unconditionally to suffer even more than it is suffering now? Nature, is a part of our being from the earliest human days. We respect Nature and it gives us its bounty, but in the recent past greedy money hungry corporations have made us all so destructive, so wasteful.