• National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI): http://www.ncbi.nlm. nih.gov/. Includes public databases of DNA sequences
• European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL): http://www.embl.org/. Includes the EMBL Nucleotide Sequence Database (also known as EMBL-Bank)
• DNA Data Bank of Japan (DDBJ): www.ddbj.nig.ac.jp
• The Web Guide of Polymerase Chain Reaction: www.pcrlinks.com
• List of primer-design software provided by the UK Human Genome Mapping Project Resource Centre: http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/GenomeWeb/ nuc-primer.html
• ClustalX (Thompson et al., 1997), software for aligning sequences: ftp://ftp-igbmc.u-strasbg.fr/pub/ClustalX/
• Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis (MEGA) software, which includes automatic codon translation, the calculation of transition/transversion ratios and identification of synonymous sites: www.megasoftware.net
Was this article helpful?