• To be able to list the major components in external atmospheres and appreciate the need for analytical monitoring.
• To understand the difference in type and concentration of pollutants in external and internal environments and the difference in approach needed for their analysis.
• To realize the importance of personal sampling.
• To be able to describe, compare and contrast the analytical methods available for external and internal atmospheres.
• To understand simple methods of flue gas analysis.
• To appreciate the availability of portable instruments for gas analysis and the possibilities of remote sensing.
Was this article helpful?