Five steps are applied when using EMM:
1. determination of the model structure and complexity according to ecosystem structure;
2. establishment of an ecological model by creating a conceptual diagram, developing model equations as well as estimating model parameters;
3. calibration of the model in order to assess its suitability in application to ecosystem health assessment process;
4. calculation of the ecosystem health indicators; and
5. assessment of the ecosystem health using the values of the indicators.
Was this article helpful?