For this method, a synthetic ecosystem health index (EHI) in a scale of 0-100 has been developed in order to quantitatively assess the state of ecosystem health. The worst health state exists when EHI is zero. To make description easier, the EHI was divided into five categories: 0-20% (worst health state), 20-40% (bad health state), 40-60% (middle health state), 60-80% (good health state), and 80-100% (best health state). Five steps are necessary to calculate the EHI:
1. selection of basic and additional ecosystem indicators;
2. calculation of sub-EHIs for all selected indicators;
3. determination of weighting factors for all selected indicators;
4. calculation of synthetic EHI using sub-EHIs and weighting factors for all selected indicators; and
5. assessment of ecosystem health based on synthetic EHI values.
Was this article helpful?
Learning About 10 Ways Fight Off Cancer Can Have Amazing Benefits For Your Life The Best Tips On How To Keep This Killer At Bay Discovering that you or a loved one has cancer can be utterly terrifying. All the same, once you comprehend the causes of cancer and learn how to reverse those causes, you or your loved one may have more than a fighting chance of beating out cancer.