4. Seal the top of one container with plastic wrap held in place with a rubber band.
5. Place the lamp with the exposed 100-W light-bulb between the two containers and exactly
1 cm away from each. Do not turn on the light.
6. Let the setup sit for 5 min, then record the temperature in each container.
7. Turn on the light. Record the temperature in each container every 2 min for 15 min to 20 min. Graph the results.
0 Conclude and Apply —
1. Compare and contrast temperatures in each container at the end of the experiment.
2. Infer What does the lightbulb represent in this experimental model? What does the plastic wrap represent?
Average the data obtained in the experiments conducted by all the groups in your class. Prepare a line graph of these data. For more help, refer to the Science Skill Handbook.
Was this article helpful?