15. Brown pelicans once completely disappeared from Louisiana and most of Texas. Today, thousands of them live in these areas. What type of conservation program caused this change?
Record your answers on a sheet of paper.
16. How can hunters and wildlife managers work together to maintain ecosystems in parks and preserves?
17. Global warming and ozone depletion both involve changes to Earth's atmosphere. Compare and contrast the problems these two processes could cause to the environment.
18. Explain why just protecting a species like the grizzly bear with a law may not be enough to conserve this species.
19. Describe what people do that causes the release of large amounts of carbon dioxide (CO2) into the atmosphere. What problems might an increase in CO2 cause for people?
Use the photo below to answer questions 20 and 21.
20. Explain why the small round sign placed beside this storm drain says "No Dumping."
21. Describe other ways that pollutants can enter water. How is biodiversity affected by pollutants?
22. Why are captive populations not an ideal way to protect endangered species?
23. Compare and contrast legal protection, habitat restoration, and seed banks as programs used to prevent the loss of species from an ecosystem.
Was this article helpful?